Just a thought about pricing parts

mardi 22 avril 2014

I was told this by a parts guy and further backed by the parts manager . Company had a boom truck that had contacted a bridge while in motion , the head section caught a beam and pulled that end section out . It was an hour from the shop and the boss wanted a worst case idea what it would take to fix it .



Well that was a total stab in the dark but the boss gets what he wants . I called the local dealer for that brand and gave him a parts list . he called back and told me that they ( the manufacturer ) would not give prices until they had the serial number for that machine . This guy asked if I really needed all this stuff . Told him probably not but I was asked to check it out . He proceeds to tell me that pricing this stuff could cause problems down the road , The outfit that made the machine records when you check a parts price . That go's on record for that machine and if a product liability claim comes up that price check will have to be defended if ever a court case comes up . They are assuming you repaired something instead of replacing it .



Part's manager told the same story . This was with boom truck and crane parts , That's all I'm familiar with . Not sure if this translates to the entire construction industry but it what I run into .




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire