Tilt and Lift not working on Bobcat 863

dimanche 21 décembre 2014

Hi,

The Bobcat in question is an 863F manufactured in December 1998.

It has about 2,400 hours.



Today after warming it up for about 10 minutes in 29°F I began by removing the bucket to attach a tree boom.

Before I could hook up the boom, the tilt and lift stopped working.

I turned the engine off.



5 Minutes later I started it up again and the tilt and lift functions worked again, for about 20 seconds.

turned it off again and checked battery connection.

(installed brand new battery two weeks ago when the weather got cold because it was too weak to start the machine)

Checked the BICS fuse near the timing belt cover, looks fine.

Installed new timing belt about 1 week ago, before this I avoided using the machine for a while, maybe something happened when I was moving the cable and fuses out of the way of timing belt installation?



Started the machine and same thing happened in less than 1 minute.

No tilt or lift, BICS valve lock (light off), moves forward, backward, and turns fine.



turned the engine off, started it up and everything worked great until I parked it.

except the temp gauge which has not worked for the few months I've owned it(hoping to get that working ASAP)



Any ideas?



Btw, Today was the first time I attempted to actually use the machine since installing the new timing belt, it starts and runs unbelievably better even though the old belt looked fine. now that I'm writing this, i'm thinking that maybe I accidentally did something during install...





Tilt and Lift not working on Bobcat 863

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire