Case 580 Super K main breaker/fuse

vendredi 24 juillet 2015

Having some difficulty locating the main breaker/fuses. There is an accessory fusebox below the instrument cluster on the right side, in the cab. But these fuses are all 10-20 amps, and according to the manual are for accessories.

The starter died and I replaced it. It started first time turning over, no problem. I operated the unit for a little while then parked it. Thought I should restart it at least once in order to confirm the starter was operating ok. Second time starting I heard something near the end of the cycle. Not sure what it was, I turned the engine off, and attempted a 3rd start. At this point no lights to the dash when I turned the ignition switch. So no power, and nothing turns over (it is in neutral).

Tested battery and power at starter, 12.9vdc. Took the starter off and bench tested it, works. Noticed the hot wire that is loomed with the wire that goes to the starter solenoid was damaged (the heat shrink around the connector was melted, some wires were damaged, but there was still lots of wiring going into the round terminal).

At this point attempting to trace wires back to panel and find the main breaker. According to the manual the main fuse box should be located on the right side of the engine. But there is no fuse box in this area. A friend of mine indicated he had worked on one years ago and it was a breaker box hidden behind a small panel. I'm waiting for daylight to continue my search.

Question: Does anyone know where the elusive main breaker/fuse box is located? And once I check the fuse box, is it possible the ignition switch could be the culprit? I was going to take the switch apart too and test that with the multimeter.

Wayne


Case 580 Super K main breaker/fuse

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire