Ever feel sorry for someone and help them for free?

vendredi 24 juillet 2015

We are selling off some caliche from a pond we are digging. Selling it cheap because we need it gone. Basically just enough to cover hauling it. A guy calls today and needs two dump truck loads (14 yds each) to put on his dirt driveway because when it rains it gets so muddy they can't get their cars out to get to work or anything. Keep in mind it is borderline desert here with 15-20" rain a year but it is unusually wet this year and we have had over 15" in the last three months.

Anyway I go dump the first load and it is a small older run down house and head to get the second one. Never really thought much about it figured they had a tractor or something to spread it out. When I get back with the second load the guy and his wife are out there spreading it out with shovels. I dumped it and they paid me with a random assortment of bills and coins and said it was all they had but they had to have the caliche so they could get their cars in and out to go to work. I headed home and the whole way back I couldn't stop thinking about how hard it would be and how long it would take to spread out 28 yards on a 200' long driveway with two people and shovels.

I got home and loaded up the skid steer and went back and spread it for them for free. They were very thankful. Took me a couple hours but really made me feel good.


Ever feel sorry for someone and help them for free?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire