FNG....from the Heart of Dixie

lundi 28 mars 2016

Completely new here. I looked for a thread where we introduce ourselves but didn't see one. (Found it) It will take me some time to look around and get familiar with the site.

I am a former precision machinist who went back to school and have worked as a manufacturing engineer (General Dynamics) in the aerospace/defense industry for over 30 years. I am on my last week at my job and am going to retire Thursday on the 31st. So I wanted something to do in retirement, because I like being outside and in the woods is better. I bought a 2004 model John Deere 450H LT to have for a hobby. My son just bought 20 acres of neglected, wooded land to homestead on so I should get plenty of practice working on that place. I have been doing some cleanup and small tree clearing with my JD farm tractor with front end bucket but ran out of horsepower and traction. I will be doing some limited transport of the dozer between my farm and his place, about 31 miles one way. I bought a Big Tex GD25-28+5MR that I will modify with some rough cut oak boards placed on the ramps for traction and will pull it with my F350 dually powerstroke.

So, I am here to listen, read and learn because I am ignorant to dozer work. Familiar with tractors but not steel tracks. Bear with me as I hope to ask the occasional newbie question and learn from those with experience. Thanks.


FNG....from the Heart of Dixie

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire