Need Info on Old Army Trucks

jeudi 31 mars 2016

Ok it's official, I'm a sucker for punishment...

In the order to get a little close to a semi and farther away from overloading little gooseneck, (and do it cheaply) kinda thinking about some older army trucks that have popped up.

One is 70's American General M813A (there are actually two of these) and, this is why I'm a sucker from punishment/insane, a '52 Studebaker M211. Reasonably sure they would go cheap. I don't know the condition and have never seen the machines in pictures or in person, I'm at the thinking aloud stage right now. But any of you guys know anything about these trucks?

The M813A is a 5 ton right? The deuce and half's go pretty high, there is a demand for those, but less so for 5 ton's.

Trying to work within my limitations such as insurance and driver's licenses. I don't have a CDL, and Dad's only got a class B. But the M211 is small enough that anyone can drive it (pretty sure), and with farm plates Dad could drive the M813 and pull a trailer with a gross vehicle weight up to 20k.

I know it's probably insane to think of using these trucks for anything other than parades, but for me I think I might be able to make them (or one of them) work for part time weekend farm uses. Well aware that most people buy these for playing around and fixing than actual work.

And yes I do know that hiring is always cheaper than owning, but it's hard enough to work around my schedule, much less have to conform to someone else. Been burned enough by annoying 3rd party truck drivers to want to not have to depend on them anymore. Won't be able to do much with either one of them, but it would be a start.....

As usual, thanks for any and all info.


Need Info on Old Army Trucks

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire