Line Boring Systems

jeudi 31 mars 2016

I have been giving much consideration to expanding my small company and getting into line boring.

This is how I ended up last year in this forum, while doing a web search for information in regards to line boring.
Needless to say just a ton of good information along with some great pictures of different jobs that are being done around the world on here. My note book is filling up. The sharing of information has been great, one of the reasons I have remained in the trades for this many years, even though the knees & back are shot.

I had the opportunity this winter to assist (be in the way) in a small line boring job and was that much more excited about the prospects of the work. There is something about the process of line boring /bore welding that seems to fit my way of thinking and the experience I have gained as a Millwright. I think there is money to be made in my location and within the Marine industry doing high quality line boring like I have seen done by others on this forum.
The project I was involved in this winter used the Climax BB5000 system and I was recommended to go with them when I take the jump.
I have looked at the Bore Repair System, York's system, American Machine Tools and also have found some home made setups. I have noticed that the costs will vary as much as buying your tools at say Harbor Freight vs. Snapon or Proto for example.
I am in the process of putting together costs of the different systems, I would like to walk into the bank with some information not just "give me some money."
When my work slows down in mid summer, which does in my line of repair work, possibly renting a line boring machine and do some self learning in the shop instead of sitting on the porch with the dogs drinking my beverage of choice and watching the afternoon fade away.

Any information that could be given in regards to the above systems and/or any other ones as I have seen in this forum or other ones that may be out there also, that are worthy of consideration.
If you could let me know why you use your system or prefer one over the other it would be a big help in my ventures down this path. I would like to invest in a good unit, that can be expanded but also don't want to put my company under just yet.

Thanks for the help! I am looking forward to hearing any and all information from the pro's.

RayF my 17 year old son wants to move to Perth and go to work for Hofmann, thanks for the link in your thread, what a great company and story of how they started. One hell of a apprenticeship program they look to have.

Stay out of the bight...
Regards,
Ray


Line Boring Systems

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire