855 cummins engine smoking

mercredi 26 novembre 2014

Hi really need some help with my cummins engine



I have 1978 855 NTC that is smoking badly, the truck overheated and was blowing heavy white smoke, so I took apart the top of the engine and had the heads checked. The three head gaskets looked ok not blown through. sent heads out supposedly pressure tested one was leaking through the injector seat, had all six changed, heads surfaced and rebuilt valve job, valve guides etc. I put the engine back together and set injectors and valve lash. Fired up the engine it sounded horrible, like a rap in the first cylinder but went away as you increased the rpm's. Took non contact thermometer and measured exhaust temp at manifold ,found no 1 not firing. Changed the injector, started up again much better but still smoking like a train. Brought engine up to operating temp 180 smoke went away but came back while driving. Took valve cover off 1&2 cylinder, head loads of white cream in the section above # 1 piston, ran engine and noticed vapor coming up out of section above # 1 cylinder. Also water vapor droplets on valve cover. Rear breather spiting out small amounts of the white cream I mentioned before. I feel the machine shop did not check the heads properly, and # 1 is cracked. Can anyone tell me what checks I can do before I tear the top half off again. I will buy a new head if needs be . Any help would be great !!!! Thanks





855 cummins engine smoking

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire