Relieving fuel pressure for filter changes

vendredi 28 novembre 2014

Been awhile since I've been on here. :)



I had a problem last week when working in my machine. It all of a sudden lost power. It was a gradual loss of power and it spit and stuttered until is finally died. After sitting for about 30 minutes I tried starting it again and it finally started but not without it cranking a bit.



I got it to the garage and let it sit overnight. The next morning I tried it again and it fired right up, but ran only for about a minute then started to act up again. Same thing, it started losing power and finally died. It won't restart without letting it sit for a while, at least, but it won't stay running long until it dies again.



I figured I might change all the fuel filters in it since it hasn't been done since I bought it. I figure easiest things first and hopefully will fix the problem.



Can any of you tell me if I need to relieve the fuel pressure before replacing the filters and if so, how do I relieve the fuel pressure? The Operators Manual says nothing about it so I don't know. Hate to get sprayed or injected for something I should have done before hand. Any help would be appreciated. It is a '08 NH L190.



P.S. My dealer gave me 3 different fuel filters for it, but I can only find two. I found a larger fuel/water separator and an in-line fuel filter. What I didn't find is a smaller fuel/water separator they gave me. It is also a spin-on so don't know what the deal is there. The larger new replacement fits the one on my machine, but the smaller is no where to be found on the machine.



P.S.S. The only thing different I remember doing is getting my fuel at a different place. Could this be bad fuel? Maybe too much water in the fuel?



Thanks for any and all help.





Relieving fuel pressure for filter changes

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire