Unique 580K Forward/Reverse problem on startup

mercredi 26 novembre 2014

I have an old 580K (later model) with an issue that has been going on more or less since I purchased it 2 years ago. It’s not prevented me from operating – but would sure like to get fixed if anyone can figure out what may be wrong. Please bear with me while I explain.



In order to get the Hoe to go into forward or reverse the first time I use it, after it has cooled off (overnight or 2+ hours w/out operation) I must first warm it up well, then I have to turn it off, and back on. It simply won’t go onto F/R without first being warmed, and I must turn it off then back on. I could warm it up for > ½ hour and unless I turn off/on it still won’t go into F/R. Once I get it going in F or R, 25% of the time it will slow to a halt after 50-100 ft, and I have to turn it off/on again. Once it’s going, no problem after that at all.



I have no problem with the bucket or hoe hydraulics. I have drained the transaxle and cleaned the suction screen, made sure that the hoses on the suction pipe are clear and tight. No cracks in hose or pipe. There was some small garbage in the very bottom of the suction screen, but no change after cleaned. Changed the filter, and the oil looked in good shape. I have adjusted the shuttle linkage, and have no problems with the shuttle solenoid and button on the shift lever.



Neither the oil pressure or temp sensors are hooked up. None of the gauges or lights worked when I bought it, and I’ve only gotten the bare minimum back online. I don’t have the pressure equipment to test the hydraulic pressures.



To me, somehow, it seems that it’s got to be some kind of interlock with pressure or temperature, that gets reset when turned off/on, but I can’t find anything in any of the manuals or electrical circuits other than the start in neutral sensor on the shuttle. Which seems to be working accordingly, as it will not start unless in neutral. It also seems to me that it’s got to be related to the shuttle in some way since it doesn’t matter if I try F or R – it just doesn’t go either way. But I can’t for the life of me make any sense of why turning off/on would make any difference.

Anything would be appreciated.





Unique 580K Forward/Reverse problem on startup

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire