Undercarriage wear?

dimanche 30 novembre 2014

There's a lot of knowledge on here so I'm sure someone will know the answer. I put new under undercarriage on my 931B. Weld on sprocket rims and everything else new except for top carrier rollers. I put Trek/DCF SALT rails on cause they seemed like the best bang for the buck, only about $200 over dry rails and still a lot cheaper than everyone else's dry rails. The sprocket rims were pretty rough castings but I figured they'd wear in soon enough. I tried talking talking to the manager at Trek awhile back and he was an arrogant jerk. Said I should talk to the dealer that sold them. They're the ones who suggested I talk directly to Trek since they should be the experts on their own undercarriage. I didn't buy directly from Trek but picked up the parts there to save some money since the warehouse was only 20 minutes away from me.



I have adjusted the tracks as per the Cat procedure and have no visible wear on the bushings going forward but there is a flat spot starting on the bushing face from going in reverse. I've seen this on a Komatsu dozer as well. I was told it's from running the tracks too lose but having them too tight I think causes more problems. I only have a 1 speed reverse so it's not from going too fast or really long distances. I know reverse wears faster but just wondering if this is somewhat normal? I know not all sprockets are the same but being everything is new I'm puzzled? I'm hoping maybe they'll wear in and then won't wear as fast. I have approx. 750 hrs. on the new undercarriage but noticed it starting after checking at about 500 hrs.





Undercarriage wear?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire