Cat 930 loader oil help

samedi 29 novembre 2014

Hello all. I'm new to this forum and new to the heavy equipment field. I am an auto mechanic by trade but know relatively little about about the heavy duty stuff so I thought this site would be a good resource.



Recently I have begun working on a 1978? CAT 930 wheel loader. SN 41K.

I just replaced the front transfer case output shaft seal behind the parking brake. Pain in the butt for a heavy equipment newb! Got it done but as a result I need to top off the trans/transfer case oil. I had purchased several gallons of CAT TDTO 30wt oil from the dealer for it but I need more since I will soon be replacing the rear output shaft seal and I lost more than I thought I would in the course of the repair.



My question- Is there any other oil besides the CAT brand oil that I can use in the trans that will meet the proper spec (TO-2/TO-4) that will save me some money? The CAT oil is aprox $17 per gal. Does Rotella diesel oil meet this spec? Any other suggestions? I have been told that 10w30 would be fine but I want to be sure.



This machine along with others are used in the construction of places of worship and I have volunteered to care for the repair and maintenance of them. Any input is greatly appreciated! Thank you and sorry for the long post!





Cat 930 loader oil help

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire