988H Very intermittent hyd. Control Problem

dimanche 30 novembre 2014

This is a problem that has been around for a few weeks or more. Two different operators have mentioned it. I have never been there to see it first hand. Another problem is we were in the end of season rush to get the tonnage on the ground for winter shut down so could not take it out of service to even do a quick check for codes. There are no active ones showing on monitor.



The problem, as it has been described to me, is that once in a while, could be a couple times a day or even a week, while trying to raise boom there will be no reaction to moving the hist lever. Seems like this happens with boom part way up like approaching a truck to load and operator decides he needs to lift a bit more to get over side of haul truck. Operator says sometimes if he work the lever a few times it will then respond and other times if put in lower for a moment then it goes up like normal.



I'm hoping to get some time this week to look at it, believe it is down for the season so if I can finish a couple other projects I will find time to look at this one. Thinking first step will be to hook up ET to see if there are any codes related to hydraulic system. Inspect wiring from lift and tilt sensors and those to the main control valve. Maybe run calibration of controls and anything related to the hydraulics I can with ET?



The biggest problem I see is this machine may end up parked for two or more months and with it being so intermittent a problem and my retirement date is 4/23/15 may never know if I did cure it! But then the next guy will have to worry about it. Wish I knew who the next guy was going to be so I could at least tell him what was done. I will put notes in my files on it but who knows if anyone will look at them after I leave:beatsme



If anyone has seen this kind of problem or has some wild ideas of what I could do let me know. Money is no object as management won't spend it anyhow:Banghead





988H Very intermittent hyd. Control Problem

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire