Looks Like I might be helping move a D10N!

vendredi 28 novembre 2014

From the way the boss was talking the other day sounds like I have been "volunteered" to work on the dismantling for moving a D10N 3SK in the next few weeks. It's somewhere south of Pittsburgh Pa. and will be going to near Syracuse NY. Other than one day many years ago at Cat factory have I never seen one in person!:eek:



I've been told that the blade and ripper along with cab and ROPS need to come off and possibly the lift cylinders. . Was looking in SIS to see if there was some info on removing the cab to get an idea of what tools we might need. Did not see anything there other than torques for the ROPS. Not sure what if anything will be available to us at the current location. :beatsme



Off the top of my head this is what I was using as a starting point for tools: 16:1 torque multiplier(1/2 in-1 in out), assortment of 1 inch drive sockets to fit all the bolt I can find in parts breakdown, 3/4 inch socket set, 1/2 inch and 3/8 inch set, end wrenches(spanners) from 3/8 up to 2 inch, assortment of screw drives and pliers, hammers of various sizes, pry bars, and maybe some porta-power hyd.jacks. I think I have enough caps and block off plates to seal off hoses and valve bodies when lines are removed.



If anyone (Nige?) has done this lately or can suggest something to take with, we will be about 6 hours from home doing this work so would hope to have everything we might need. Also any idea on time to expect needed to do this job? Guessing we will be a 3-4 man crew including the boss who is a certified crane operator, hope they will have at least that for us:Banghead



Oh by the way they say it will run but not move, transmission problem!, we are contracting the trucking and they say should be no problem slipping the beam trailer under it then picking it up.



I do have some pictures but not where I am today, will post a couple on Monday.





Looks Like I might be helping move a D10N!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire