Hydraulic Shop wrecked dump cylinder and charges me to fix it? Is that common?

jeudi 25 juin 2015

I have a komatsu loader that needed a repack of the dump cylinder. I dropped it off to central hydraulic with the repair kit. They quoted me about 2-5 hours of labor. They call me back today and tell me they had to heat and cool it multiple times to get the cap off and ended up stripping the threads on bot the cap and the cylinder. They tell me now its going to be $1700 to fix it, or I can pickup my broken cylinder for $450!

I guess my question is, is that common practice in heavy equipment repairs? I know in automotive repair if you strip-out a bolt you take responsibility and fix it and apologize for it taking longer than expected. You don't give them back a broken car and charge the customer for breaking it.


Hydraulic Shop wrecked dump cylinder and charges me to fix it? Is that common?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire