140 M do you turn off isolator daily?

jeudi 23 juillet 2015

Hi all , after a long time looking at different brands and second hand machines, I've finally taken delivery of our new 140 M , I'm really looking forward to the different way of operating a grader. Have not driven it much yet because the first day it turned up I was trimming under string for kerb, then came top coarse between a 6 meter invert to invert road , and with all the rain have not got on to trimming yet. For this reason I've stayed with my komatsu 555-3 . I've put 23 hours over about a 4 week period, but when I went to do another job yesterday , jumped in turned the key then nothing. Everything on the dash went out. Rang cat at 11.30 am , the phone lines where full at the closest yard so it got transferred another place some 200 Klms south, it was a weird call as my first words to the service guy was that my grader won't start I think it flat batteries. After a dead pause he said and how's that his problem,to which I said considering it's got 20 hrs on the clock I think it is your problem. Anyway a great effort by cat as by 4.30 the auto sparky was driving out the gate job done, new batteries the old ones did not test out. But he did test for any draw and I can't remember what unit he was looking at volts,amps or even what decimal point it was but it was a draw of 2.37. He then started pulling fuses and found 7 of them drawing current that was all to do with E C M ? He did advise to turn the isolator every night to stop this but with good batteries in it, and daily use it should be OK
So what does everyone else do?
This grader is a lot bigger than the old one the 14 ft blade looks huge compared to the 12 ft blade especially when you got only 2.7 m from lip to crown and the 9 m cult-de-sac the there's not much room in it . Hopefully in time it will feel like the old one.


140 M do you turn off isolator daily?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire