Caterpillar TH330b self repair mission

vendredi 25 mars 2016

Hello, I have a 2005 Cat TH330b forklift and it has been a great machine up until now. Recently it has started giving us some problems, I shall try my best to describe them and hopefully someone may be able to shed some light on my issues.

There are two main problems. One is intermittent and the other is more troublesome so I will start with that.

Problem 1: The hydraulic implement isolator solenoid is showing an under current error. I have traced the wires from the ECU and using a multi meter and a jumper wire I can tell the wires are not broken. My Cat ET diagnostics shows me the isolator switch is working as the ECU is getting a signal from the switch. The only fault I can see is the ECM is only putting out 0.9v to the solenoid, I think this should maybe be 12V?

Problem 2: The gearbox will not engage. It happens maybe 50% of the time. Sometimes we can leave it for and hour or so and it will work again other times it will go in 5 mins and sometimes it will not work all day. My ET diagnostics is showing no errors.

I did notice with the geabox error the cat ET software will show the following values SHIFT LEVER POSTION, DESIRED GEAR and ACUTAL GEAR. When the forklift is working well it will show the SHIFT LEVER POSITION, DESIRED GEAR and ACTUAL GEAR, for example 3R for 3 gear reverse. When it is not working it will only display the SHIFT LEVER POSITION, the important point being the DESIRED gear still stays blank indicating it is not even trying to get into gear?

Many thanks
Gavin


Caterpillar TH330b self repair mission

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire