Caterpillar D398 Questions

lundi 27 juin 2016

Hey All,
I bought a generator- a 500KW Cat D398 that was converted to Natural Gas. Because of the absurdly low price, I bought it without knowing if it ran. It's now time to test it. I have two questions:

1: I need to figure out what batteries I need to turn this sucker over. I haven't been able to find any information on what voltage and cranking amps I need for this motor. It has two rather large starters, and i haven't found info plates on them. Anyone know the volts/amps I need? As best I can tell, it's a 48.3L twin turbo V12 with 10.0:1 compression. CAT/Holt was unable to find any info on the batteries for me.

2: The generator head has had all of the control circuitry removed. There are three large bars coming from the head (480V 3Phase head), connected to the windings, but nothing else. The voltage regulator was removed, and I'm wondering if it's safe to start in this condition? My concern is that it will arc or otherwise damage itself without the regulator. Anyone know if it's safe to start as is?

Thanks,
Dan


Caterpillar D398 Questions

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire