Kubota u55-4 boom articulation play/ drift issue

samedi 25 juin 2016

Hi

I purchase a new 2015 u55-4 Kubota excavator almost a year ago, when machine was delivered I unloaded it off the truck and immediately noticed major play in boom articulation ram. It was basically un operable in this state. I noticed if I articulated ram all the way to right and swung house slowly causing bucket to come against a solid object (350 hitachi/bucket) and the apply full house swing power it would stall out swing drive, but if I articulated boom all the way to right and repeated same operation it would force ram out (boom to left) with almost no resistance.

I called dealer who sent a mechanic the next day (1hr drive to city I live in) the mechanic noticed that the relief pressure valve had previously been adjusted (no paint on nut, where all other relief valves were painted and unmarked) so he adjusted to relief valve setting all the way to max (with out testing pressure) and basically solved this issue (90%). You could no longer force ram with swing drive

I said basically...... I started my first job with this excavator and still noticed that if excavator was full extended there seemed to be excess play especially if articulated to the right.

I also noticed that this ram constantly needs to be re adjusted, if I centre boom and dig for 20mins or less I will have to readjust, funny thing is that it creeps/drifts to the right (ram retracts)

I am fairly new to mini excavators but have run your standard ridgid boomed excavators for 13 years (20-45ton) has anyone noticed this in a mini before? The boom articulation is only a single ram system (unlike a backhoe which usually has 2 swing Rams) so I thought that might have some influence

I called dealer and they told me to bring it in to them when I can, as they don't cover travel costs on warranty but that I could finish my job for my client.

I put 340hrs on it and hauled it back to them. All the time thinking it was a faulty relief pressure valve.They diagnosed it as being the foot valve/operating valve, which didn't make sense to me as I had seen major correction by adjustI got relief valve. The dealer ordered a new foot valve and I hauled it home and then back for them to replace.

I have 500hrs I it now and replacing foot valve was a waste of time. They now want me to haul it back so they can inspect the ram packing. I still think it's a problem with relief valve and am guessing I'll waste more time and money hauling it back to them.

again just curious if anyone else has seen this in a mini?

I am fairly happy with the Kubota but will probably lean towards a Deere 60G for the next one as the dealer is local and more orientated towards excavators/construction equipment


Kubota u55-4 boom articulation play/ drift issue

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire