Slope meter setup

lundi 27 juin 2016

So I have had a mechanical slope meter on two different production class graders. The one on my 730 A was close to being deadly accurate. I used to park her on the scales, set it to zero, drive off, turn around, drive back on and it would still read zero. Out in the field I would get the tec to shoot the tops of the center of each chain case, and figure out the crossfall and he would get the same result. My 940 Volvo is always off by about a half a percent when you swing around. They bought one for my Maulden maintainer. Now the maintainers are a four wheel rigid frame, and a lot shorter than their big cousins. I realize that these meters read your back wheels, and not your blade, and are really only good if you stop for a second. I have tried all of the above, and there is no way in hell that I can set that damn thing in this grader. Zero on the scales is fine, but if you do a 2% cross fall, mark your hind wheels, turn around and park your rear wheels on the same mark it will read 9%. Thoughts.... I've always gotten along without them, but they want me to have it. I'm thinking black tape cover the numbers that slope meter you wanted me to use????? Sure.....works great....


Slope meter setup

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire