Ramps or not?

lundi 27 juin 2016

I'm new to earthwork, with a new-to-me ancient crawler tractor/dozer, trying to understand about loading ramps. Can anyone help with some questions? Are steel tracks safe on steel ramps, or will they just skid? If OK, do the ramps need to be wider than the tracks, so that the tracks run only on the rungs, or is it OK for the tracks to run on the ramp stringers (I'm guessing that running on the stringers will make skidding more likely, but maybe not)? Is there anything I could put on the ramps (conveyor belt, maybe, or boards) that would reduce skidding risk?

The ramps I'm looking at are 8' long, and I'd probably be loading up to about 2'6" height, so the slopes wouldn't be that fierce. I might have to load/unload in the wet sometimes, but snow/ice are rare enough here I could just wait till they melt.

Thanks in advance for any comments


Ramps or not?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire