Terex TS14B Underpowered

dimanche 26 juin 2016

I just bought my first dual engine scraper, a 1988 Terex TS14B. I think I would like it a lot more than my paddle pans, except that it's a dog. It doesnt have enough power to spin the rear wheels unless in mud, it feels like im dragging the rear end, and it's impossible to get over a half load. I'm assuming the transmissions are out of sync, but how do I check and fix this?

The rear engine blows white fuel smoke when turning over, but won't start cold without shot of starting fluid. Fires back up when warm. Worn engine or rack adjustment? Could this be why it seems underpowered? I've never done a rack adjustment, but found directions online that look pretty easy. Replaced fuel filters already.


The hydraulics are painfully slow, and I have to hit a bump sometimes to get the floor to return after unloading. Also figured out that I can't run the hydraulic tank full (top glass) or it will blow fluid out the breather when pulling any levers.

I guess there is a reason it was at the auction.
Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!


Terex TS14B Underpowered

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire