How do I best proficiently use tractor to best lower grade and move dirt?

lundi 27 juin 2016

I have been loaned an 8N Ford tractor to do some work on a piece of property I bought last year. I'll have constant access to it over the next 3 weeks or so. I know a little 8N tractor isn't considered heavy equipment, but thought this may be the best place to ask.

I have a clearing about 190 deep by probably 65 feet wide. Looking south to north there is a hump on the West side of the clearing. It's like two rectangles side by side but one is taller. So the West hald of the clearing is 2ft higher in the highest point. The back of the hump is sloped down perfectly. So I really just need to work from the mid section forward and shave dirt off and move that dirt to the lower half of the clearing.

I have a 5ft disc and a straight blade. The clearing is full of small debri and rocks. Just half buried trash and stuff. So my plan is to disc a little to loosen up the dirt, then use the blade to drag that loose dirt and separate the debris and then move that dirt onto my low side. I do no have a rock rake sadly.

I'm a total beginner at this and I noticed how I'm not very effecient. There has to be little tricks to make sure I work smarter and do more in less steps. (It is just a straight blade no a box.) I was hoping some kind people could point out these tricks.

Thanks for reading.


How do I best proficiently use tractor to best lower grade and move dirt?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire