1965 D7 Cat parts lookup!

dimanche 21 septembre 2014

The sportsmen club I belong to has a 1965 Cat D7 that the pony motor wouldn't start so it sat for over three years.



Another member had his dozer repaired by a GREAT heavy equpment mechanic so the club hired that mechanic to get the dozer running. He did by sanding the points in the magneto with 80 grit sandpaper and it fired right up!



The object of getting it running was to get the old girl on level ground to be able to safetly work on it.



The club president decided to convert it from a pony motor to an electric starter. The heavy equipment mechanic pulled the pony motor and bolted the new electric starter up.



BUT, that's as far as it's gotten!



I've been fabricating blank off plates for the intake and for the coolant connector block between the cylinder heads.



BUT I've run into a brick wall with getting the correct gaskets! I asked the Cat dealer where to look for a model number on the dozer and I can't find ANY of data plates in the places he said to look!



I did find one data plate on the left side of the engine block at the back side of it. Said number is 48A6120 . Does that mean anything?



I'm at the end of my rope trying to find gaskets for the old girl.



PLUS I'm at loss as to what size cables to run from the batteries to the starter. The heavy equipment mechanic said we needed at least 1600 to 2000 CCA batteries to start it. What gage cables are required to carry that much amperage?



I think it should have a positive cable disconnect so that the power to the starter can be disarmed when not in use or in case the starter stick on. Where can I get a disconnect switch that'll handle 2000 CCA?



Any and all assisance will be greatly appreciated.





1965 D7 Cat parts lookup!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire