Case 4496 tractor electrical steering fault

lundi 29 septembre 2014

Hi all,



I am looking for someone who knows the case 4496 inside out. Primarily the electronic steering system. I bough one of these machines nice and cheap so now I'm fixing it up.



The problem I have is the electric steering system is not working. When I first looked at it I tested everything as best as I could and found I had a failed rear steering sensor. So I bought the last one in the country that I know of (so the dealer says) fitted it and aligned the steering. Wooo ! it all works, then ten minutes of driving and it all went to ****! and stopped working. Before I could align the rear wheels with the manual switch even though the rear sensor was not working. So after a mental fuse blow (I went off!) I started retesting at the controller. I found that the power supply to the controller was fine but no power is being delivered to the sensors. I had also lost power to the LED wheel indicator.



So I have found out that the controller has a safety system the stop it if there is a fault but I have a couple of questions.



- can the controller be reset with out sending away ?

- Is there a difference in parts form the front steering sensor to the rear, if so what problems could it cause ?

- And any other suggestions would be really appreciated.



Regards Will





Case 4496 tractor electrical steering fault

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire