Ford 5500 injector pump question

vendredi 26 septembre 2014

Hello All,

I took the fuel tank and the filter assembly off to clean and paint them, and replace the fuel line. When I removed these parts, I immediately plugged/capped the metal fuel line going to the injector pump to keep clean and hopefully keep the fuel from evaporating. It has been apart for 4 or 5 months.

I reinstalled everything and have fuel through the filter and up to the metal line going to the inj pump. I hesitate to try and start the engine in case there is air in the pump.

My parts manual says I have a Simms pump, but the pump on the engine looks way different. Based on some searching I believe my pump is a Cav/Lucas??? I saw a pic of the same pump on BrokenTractor and they list it as a Cav/Lucas.. I am quite sure I have the Cav...

Long story short, I don't know where the bleeder is on the pump. I should have taken a pic, but we are getting hammered with rain.

Any help would be appreciated.

THX...AL





Ford 5500 injector pump question

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire