753 main belt troubles

dimanche 28 septembre 2014

So, I have a 2001 753G with 471 hours. It has been getting more noisy when turning or starting movement. Pulled the main belt cover and it is a bit greasy, so are the pulleys. It is the original belt but seams to be in good shape. My first thought was the tensioner was out, but it seems to be adjusted ok and no tensioner bearing noise at idle.



Before I go to the trouble of replacing the main belt has anyone tried pulling and cleaning the main belt and pulleys to get rid of the whiney sound?





Looks to me that the fan pulley bearing has a slight leak and has dripped on the rear pulley, I checked the fluid level in the fan pulley housing and it was down just a smidge, nothing that worries me. I hate to replace the belt if it is just dirty and they are not cheap. closest dealer is about 70 miles away.



Thanks for any help!





753 main belt troubles

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire