Flopped Iron Mule, Broke my neck

lundi 30 novembre 2015

Friday, while out playing in the woods I did a stupid move. I had loaded a cord or so of big oak on my antique Iron Mule forwarder and then stupidly tied another tree on the back. I was on a side hill, not to bad but noticeable for sure. I had loaded from the downhill side with no issues so I should have been OK. But the tree I chained to the back was slightly downhill from the machine and when I crawled ahead turning to the right the high side of the machine came right up and over it went, faster that you could say "crap". I knew better, laying in the hospital bed in the neuro unit with a broken neck at three in the morning it dawned on me what I done. I was real lucky, I broke the C2 vertabre into 4 pieces on the left side. Fortunately the pieces are all in place and no surgery is required. I have to keep a neck brace on for 24/7 for 8 weeks but I am not complaining. I spent the night in the hospital and after 3 CT scans and 2 MRIs I got released by noon Saturday. I was truly blessed. Here's some pictures we took today when we went ot look at it to figure out the extraction plan.
Attached Images
   


Flopped Iron Mule, Broke my neck

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire