Winch cable maintenance

jeudi 26 novembre 2015

Not sure if I'm doing this right so I'll ask. I have a nice little JD350 short track dozer with what looks like a 24T Carco winch on it. Every year I'll lash the cable to a big tree with a trunk saver, put on a little brake drag and drive it out to the very end. I'll loose wrap a rag around the line and run it back and forth to check for snags, Once its snag free I'll get a gallon jug of bar and chain lube, put on some rubber gloves, wrap my fingers around the cable and pour the oil into my hand as I walk backwards. I can usually get the cable to suck up about a quart to quart and a half of oil. Its a 100' 5/8 cable. After it sits for a couple minutes, I'll spin up the winch and let it pull the dozer back to the tree so its all laid on nice and flat. Is bar oil good enough or should i get some #1 grease? Any better ways to do this?


Winch cable maintenance

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire