Welding bosses on boom at boom to stick instead of line boring?

jeudi 26 novembre 2015

I've got an IHI 80 mini excavator that I'm rebushing and have a lot of wear in the boom at the boom to stick area. After taking it apart the bushings in the stick were not pressed in very tight and came out pretty easy. After getting the new bushings I figured the stick needs to be line bored and have a local machine shop that will oversize the hole and install a sleeve so the oem bushings fit tight again. The other issue is the boom has a lot of slop on the ears where the stick mounts and needs to be resized also. The machine shop can't do this as they can't get the machine inside and I'd have to take the boom off to do the job, which I prefer not to do. A local line borer wants about $1300 to do this job and is pretty busy right now. My question is couldn't I just have some bosses made of some 4140 and weld them to the sides of the boom? I'd like to use a custom pin anyways as the oem retention system is really bad at that area and what caused the problem in the first place. Right now the way the boom is, the pin only contacts about an inch on each ear of the boom. I figured I could put a 3 inch boss on each side of the boom and that would be plenty strong enough. I also would have one of the bosses drilled and the pin and use that as a retainer. I think the hard part would be getting everything squared up properly so the stick is square to the boom. There's obviously a trick to do this. Any advice?






Name: e 1.jpg Views: 7 Size: 46.1 KBName: e3.jpg Views: 7 Size: 54.6 KBName: e2.jpg Views: 7 Size: 50.9 KB
Attached Images
   


Welding bosses on boom at boom to stick instead of line boring?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire