Newbie needing advice on first big truck, hook lift

jeudi 26 novembre 2015

I started a land clearing / mulching business and realized I will soon need something bigger than a 1 ton. I don't know anything about big trucks. ID like to be able to carry everything on the truck most of the time. My primary equipment is a skidsteer and mulcher (14k), root grapple(1.5k?), generator, air compressor, tool box(which currently replaced my back seat in my dmax), chains, chain saws, leaf blower, air hoses, ext cords, etc. I'd like to have that on a flatbed hook lift and be able to swap to a dumpster if needed and tow the equipment on a trailer.

I've also thought about building my own hook lift system. is that a good idea?

BTW I'm not rich..

I'll need a tandem axle truck for weight, traction off road and stopping power.

I'm not sure how much hp I need but more is always better right?

A good used truck set up how I want it is expensive so I'm considering something like an L9000 and rebuilding the engine. I saw where ebay had in frame kits for $1600?? That seems really cheap. I also saw a government L9000, 40k miles, very clean, in California for 30k. Theoretically that seems like a good deal.

What should I look for and what should I avoid? Like certain engines or transmissions? I'd like to have something like an old dodge 12 or 24 valve, good injectors and injection pumps. Simple and reliable. Easy to work on.

Any and all advice is appreciated. **** talking is also welcome if followed up by helpful advice.


Newbie needing advice on first big truck, hook lift

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire