Outrigger leg repair: broken safety pin holes

dimanche 29 novembre 2015

The outrigger legs on my crane, unfortunately, have holes for the safety pin ripped up, probably due to jack seals leaking at some point. The attached pictures show damage.

I believe that outrigger jack seals are now in decent condition, probably replaced some time ago, however, I wanted to replace them as a safety precaution.

While I have outrigger legs out, I also want to repair the damage to the holes for the safety pin.

My plan was as follows:

1) Take the outrigger jack cylinder out
2) Machine a steel plate with holes, a bit thicker than the original outrigger leg. I can do that with my CNC milling machine.
3) Cut out a rectangular cutout the size of the above plate
4) Weld the new plate in

Do you think that there is any problem or safety concern with the above procedure?

The replacement outrigger legs from Grove are $2,200 each.
Attached Images
  


Outrigger leg repair: broken safety pin holes

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire