CAT 225 Cracks in under carriage frame. How are they fixed?

mardi 22 mars 2016

I have a late 70s 225. I am at a point where I really need the machine for maybe 10-20hrs of use but there are several cracks in the under carriage frame. None that support the tracks, but the I beam members that connect the track carriages to the house have a few cracks in the webs.

Being in the structural design field, I fully understand the fatigue issues here but I might not have the time to devote to this right now and I don't want to do a half ass repair.

Regarding repair, that also gets a bit dicey to do right so I am curious of those that have experienced this, how was your repaired? My thoughts in mind are to chamfer out the cracks to get full penetration welds but I don't want to go nuts if some decent prep and hot welding will take care of it. I am not sure if guys are going to stick weld only on this or if MIG is common? I am most concerned with all that mass sucking the heat out so fast and making very fragile welds.


CAT 225 Cracks in under carriage frame. How are they fixed?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire