Licensing and Piracy

jeudi 23 juin 2016

Hello everyone. I'm a new person on the forum mainly because I have a single big question related to the history of the machinery business. I'm a historian looking at machinery manufacturers in the middle of the 1900s. From the images and pamphlets I've seen, many makes produced specific machines that looked very similar- almost too similar! Does anyone know anything about piracy/copycats or perhaps legitimate licensing arrangements among manufacturers? As an example, the Huber Manufacturing Company produced tandem road rollers in the 1940s that look almost identical to those produced by Galion Iron Works. I know they were competitors, but is it common knowledge among machinery enthusiasts that companies like this shared secrets willingly, or am I right to assume piracy?


Licensing and Piracy

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire