Help: Driveway / Basement / Leveling a hill

samedi 25 juin 2016

Getting ready to close on some acreage to build a house on and looking for some pointers on dozer operations. While I run equipment on a farm all day, I only have a couple hours on a dozer, attempting to grade a driveway. That went so-so.

In the next month, I'm going to need 500 ft of driveway cut, a 72x32 hole dug for the basement, and a small hill south of the proposed house site cut down to match the grade of the house site. Cutting the hill down is not as important as the driveway and the basement, it's just something we would like to do if we can fit it into our timeline this year. There are no trees to remove as this location is all wheat field currently. While I don't have cores of the all of the digging sites, I do know the general top soil is a clay loam and runs from 1-6 ft deep. Under that is sand.

I own a Deere 310A backhoe, and 743 and 753 bobcats and access to 2 dump trucks. I'm looking at renting either a Cat D5XL or a Deere 650K LT to do the dozer work (1 week rental / 50 hours). I know I need to stake out the house site, and then the center line of the future driveway, but after that, I'm kind of short on excavation knowledge. Where would you begin once the dozer gets delivered to the site? Drop the blade and drive up the driveway? Turn 90 to the driveway and make many short passes side to side to shove top soil off? My excavation experience pretty much stops at digging stumps and burying them. I know with the drive, I need to cut all the clay out down to the sand, and then fill with sand back to grade. If I can fit it all in, I'd like to use the sand in the hill to fill back in the driveway to minimize material cost. I can get stabilizer fill for $7.25/yard delivered, but that adds up fast if I need a lot of fill. Once driveway is close to final grade, it'll be finished with 3" stabilizer and 4" crushed gravel. These were recommendations made to me from a couple local excavators. They said that's what is common for the area.

So, where do I begin? I know I have a good sized project in front of me. I'm not scared, I just need some guidance to get going in the right direction. I've been reading everything I can find here, watching videos on youtube, talking with local guys that run equipment and gleaning any bit of knowledge I can to help myself.


Help: Driveway / Basement / Leveling a hill

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire