Caterpillar 935CII track tensioner repair

lundi 28 novembre 2016

Thank you all for this great forum and your generosity.
My 1993 Caterpillar 935C II s/n 5DJ00157 suddenly lost track tension on right side.
I was able to pump it back tight, marked the position as shown in photo, operated for aprox. 10 minutes and the tensioner has moved back about 1/8 in.
I then opened the bleeder and grease did flow out, and from the picture you can see that tensioner moved back about 1 inch more.
So now I have both tracks jacked up and loader on blocks. I found the alligator type master link and rotated track to a position I thought might be good for taking track apart.
I have searched and read all I could find on this subject but it’s not clear to me what all needs to be taken apart.
This will be the first time I have split tracks or repaired track tensioner, and before I start I have a few questions:
1.What is best location of track position to spilt track, and do I just simply remove 4 bolts holding the pad that has the plus molded on it?
2. After track is split do I pull idler forward to end of rail to remove yoke shaft from cylinder asy.?
3. Will removing the 4 bolts on seal cover allow me to remove seals?
4. How do I access the cylinder #18 in parts diagram? And is it necessary to remove #18?
5. Does anyone have access to service manual and procedure? I know I need to purchase one but just cannot at this time.
Thank you for any help you can offer.
Johnny Walker
Attached Images
     


Caterpillar 935CII track tensioner repair

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire