Take home work

mardi 29 novembre 2016

Questions for other independent field mechanics out there: Do you have a shop that you operate out of? What size building do you have, how much work is performed inside, and is it sufficient? Is there a need for space to take in a customer's machine occasionally?
The reason I'm asking is I want to stay mobile and don't want a bunch of heavy traffic down my road along with an accumulation of machines. However, I'm looking to build a small shop as a base to house my service truck, supplies, and an area for component rebuild, minor fabrication, etc. I also have a customer or two that don't have shops to use when repairs are required to be done inside. All my customers until now are construction outfits so I'm not working on anything huge yet. I don't want to build unnecessary space for a shop that requires heat more than half the year, not to mention construction costs. Should I plan for receiving a customer's machine into my own shop or just make other arrangements as needed and keep it smaller? I plan on remaining a one man show, so no expansion necessary in the future.
I'm curious to know what other field mechanics are doing in regards to work at home.


Take home work

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire