Kato HD450VII - Engine stopped and now won't turn over

dimanche 27 novembre 2016

I have a 1994 Kato HD450VII. It has the Mitsubishi 4D31T engine. It's now got 9500 hours on it and I have owned/used it for the last 11 years. I look after the machine/grease the fittings/change oils regularly.

I last did an engine oil and filters change around 20 hours ago. Yesterday, having run the machine for 4 hours, it just died on me.:( I was just moving it and it stopped on a slight decline. It now won't even turn over, but I hear some clicking at the starter relay (but not at the starter itself). All the gauges come on, but I don;t hear the fuel pump activate. Should I? The batteries were last replaced 12 months ago and I had them on charge for 12 hours each. Each one is showing 12.7 volts. I have no clue about cranking amps., but I don't think they are the problem.

I ran a wire direct from the batteries to the 24V starter motor and this is what I found:
When I touch the top contact/nut, the Stop solenoid rod retract.
When I touch the bottom contact/nut, I hear the motor spinning.
When I touch them both together, I hear the motor spinning and see the stop solenoid rod retract. I had hope to hear the engine crank.

I was worried that the engine may have seized, so I put a wrench on the crankshaft pulley nut and was able to rotate. It wasn't very easy or very hard to turn. Checked the dipstick and the oil looks pretty clean.

I have the engine manual, parts manual, service manual, multi meter and a decent wife who doesn't mind offering a second pair of hands.

What am I missing?

Thanks, David


Kato HD450VII - Engine stopped and now won't turn over

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire