Re-skin blade

mardi 29 novembre 2016

The blade face on my D6 is worn very thin and I've repaired it in several places so I think it's due for a re-skin.

When you do it, do you cut all the old skin off? I'm thinking I probably need to since there wouldn't be much weld to on the old.
Someone has added a heavy push plate in the center, which will have to come off anyway, and the angled end sections have also been plated over.

What kind of material should I use and how thick? Something like 5/16"? There is a local shop that builds tank trailers and they have a large plate roller. Not sure if that's the best way, or if I should find someone that could "bump bend" a sheet on a brake press. With a plate roller I'd think you would have to make it extra wide since I don't think it will roll a curve completely the the edge of a plate.


Re-skin blade

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire