JCB 1400 ,Think I ran out of fuel, now won't start.... any tips?

dimanche 27 novembre 2016

I have a 1987 JCB 1400 with turbo Perkins. I think I was an idiot and ran it out of fuel. I was pushing some dirt and she just shut off, like right now, no sputtering or anything, just stopped. I knew it was time to fuel up but just wanted to get finished..
I will start by saying , I am a novice and this is for home projects and I do not know much about the machine.I added fuel, bled the screw on top of filter, bled the bleeder on top of inject. pump, bled 2 lines at injectors. She does not even act like it wants to start, just cranks.
I would like to add, the pump lever never really felt like it was doing a lot, i bumped the engine numerous times, would feel some better resistance for about 2 pumps then the only real resistance was at the bottom of the stroke of the lever. Not even sure if my bleeding was correct, the bleeders would just kind of seep fuel out of them, not a good squirt, but did not see signs of air when i closed them. The only good air bleed was at the injectors while engine was cranked.
One manual i have says bleed the "start assist screw", i think that is what it was called. I am not certain where this is and whether it could be the problem.

On another note, being it never even acted like it wanted to fire, I wonder if it could be a switch or wire or something that popped loose. Any way to determine if it is a fuel problem for sure or if it could be a switch of sorts?

Appreciate any help.


JCB 1400 ,Think I ran out of fuel, now won't start.... any tips?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire