International 250b

lundi 28 novembre 2016

I sold my JD 555 with a 4:1 bucket two years too soon! We ended up buying another place that's 7 acres of yard and 81 acres of trees. I'm planning some work (clearing a few acres, building a tractor road, and probably another pond if the geology allows) that's too big for my little JD 350 so I've been searching for a much larger machine. I had a JD 555 and I'm sure that would even be too small. I'm looking to spend under 15K, so an older, used machine it will be. I'm not afraid of wrenching (had to rebuild most of the 350's rear end) but I also don't want a "fix it more than use it" machine. Been there. So, in the search I found what looks like a potential good buy. It's an International 250b, 200 hours on a rebuilt engine, and a Drott 4:1. I've spoken with the owner and he doesn't know a lot about it, he's had it for a few years and put about 100 hrs on it. Claims it runs great and has plenty of power, From the photo I've seen it looks to be in excellent shape. I can't imagine it has the original paint, but the loader still has the "Drott Skid Loader" sign! It looks like it's been stored inside for the last 45 years. I'll be looking at it this weekend and measuring the undercarriage wear and checking what I can. I know that parts for these old beauties are really hard to find and are pricey, but for 10K delivered..... Am I delusional? I'm set on a 4:1 loader and they're hard to find in these parts. Just passed up on a Cat 955L with 8900 hours going for 14,500 (and going up!). The 955 looked like it had been rode hard. I'm not in a big hurry, but if the 250b is a good buy I'd rather not pass it up. I've put 250 hours on my 350, I can't imagine I'll put more than 500 to 1000 on whatever I get, so I'm not too concerned with undercarriage condition, as long as it's not throwing tracks! Any 250 owners out there-- I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cavin


International 250b

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire