1967 580CK Brake cross shaft bent - how to remove

samedi 25 octobre 2014

Hi, this is my first post to this forum. I apologize if this subject is already covered, but I was not able to find it on a search.



I recently bought a Case 580CK loader/backhoe. The person who sold it to me said it was a 1968, but based on the serial number I believe it is a 1967. It's diesel. He freely admitted that the brakes did not work and that he just stopped using the bucked and or the backhoe. I prefer to be able to use brakes so I want to repair them. The entire system was locked up, even the pedals would not move. After some work, I have manged to disassemble all of the linkages as well as the parking brake. I have not yet busted in to the brakes themselves because one thing I discovered was that the SHAFT - cross, lower brake lever (P/N G10708) was bent between the R.H. lever and the L.H. lever on the R.H. end of the shaft (looking forward). I need to remove the cross shaft, but it appears that I will not be able to do so without removing what appears to be the Subframe for the loader. Is this true? If so, are there some instructions on doing this removal anywhere on this forum? The repair manual does not address removal of the cross shaft (at least that I have found).



Thanks for any help you can offer.





1967 580CK Brake cross shaft bent - how to remove

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire