Questions on 931b brake adjustment?

dimanche 26 octobre 2014

There's good news and bad news but hopefully the bad news isn't that bad. I followed Bob/Ont's advice on adjusting the brakes on my 931B. On the left side I shortened the brake rod quite a bit to get the pin in with the brake band tight. Then I turned the brake band adjuster out 4 turns to get about 3 3/8" pedal travel measuring from the firewall to the lever. Then I went to do the same on the right side and had to extend the brake rod to get the pin in. I thought something was really messed up with the linkage under the dash(they weren't the same) but then noticed the lever on the clutch cover where the brake rod goes was quite a bit further back than on the left side. I loosened the brake band about the same as other side and have close to the same pedal travel. It was kind of cold but I hooked up the aux. hoses for the backhoe and filled the hyd. tank. I started it up to see how everything worked. It's like a new machine and I didn't see any leaks. Steering clutches are working properly and the brakes need very light pressure to make it turn.



Here's the questions I have:

Does it matter if the linkage is different from one side to the other but the pedal travel/free play on the brake band is approx. the same?



I'm not sure how tight the springs pushing on the brake adjusters are. They put new ones in with the new brake pins except gave them to me after I had already taken the bands to get relined so there was no way to rivet them on. Are the brake adjusters known to vibrate out of position? If they are, I was thinking of something simple to stop them from turning like maybe gluing a piece of foam rubber on the cover plate to put some pressure on them and still allow them to move a little when the brakes are applied? Any other simple ideas to keep the brake adjusters from turning?





Questions on 931b brake adjustment?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire