Cat 277c skid steer parking break issue, afraid I already know the answer.

jeudi 23 juin 2016

I have a 2008 cat 277c skid steer. Serial JWF1478, 1400 hours. This thing was kind of handed down to me and I've used it off and on for the last 3 years. It's always had a blinking exclamation light on it for the 3 years I've used it. I read this is a level 2 code. Machine has always seemed to function normally and I've never had a way to check the code. In this time I've replaced a few hydraulic hoses, new tracks, battery, and an alternator. Done normal oil and filter changes. Other than that no real problems.

Now all of the sudden when you start it you usually can't get it out of park. The blinking warning light comes on the moment you turn the key on. Some times the light doesn't come on right away. When this happens you can take it out of park. The light always comes back on and when it does it's anyones guess when it's going to throw itself into park. Sometimes you can get it out, sometimes you have to cycle the key several times. Obvious there's something going on. Hydraulics all still work and operate when the parking break is locked in. We've bypassed the safety switches on the armrest and seat as a check. This does not fix the issue. it's my understanding also that if it was one of those safety switches the bucket wouldn't operate also. I've pulled the plug to the parking break solenoid and it's not getting voltage to it when the button is pressed. When voltage gets sent to the solenoid it shifts out of park. I'm imagining whatever code it's throwing is telling it not to shift out of park. No Cat dealers within an hour ether direction so I've tried to troubleshoot this myself. I have a buddy who is a former cat mechanic but he doesn't have a cat laptop to hookup to it and see what codes it's throwing. He did tell me the last hose I replaced is the hose to the parking break on the right side.

It did NOT do this until after I replaced the alternator. It set for about a month with the alternator out of it and when I put the new one in I instantly started having this problem. I thought just maybe it had something to do with this alternator but I stuck the old one in it just to see and it's still doing it so I'm thinking that's just a coincidence.

I'm sure I'm at a dead end without hooking a computer up to it but I have to at least ask.


Cat 277c skid steer parking break issue, afraid I already know the answer.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire