Kobelco Leaking Bucket Cylinder

jeudi 23 juin 2016

I am an operator of a Kobelco SK250 that we bought with 3,000 hrs. When we got it the bubket cylinder rod had some scars. About 500 hrs later the chrome plating had started to flake in those areas and if the excavator was parked for a couple weeks you could see oil accumulating in that area.

So during winter we took the cylinder to a repair shop where they put in a new rod plus a new seal kit. I used it for a few hrs., then the cylinder started leaking even worse. If the excavator was parked the bucket would start curling up, with the cylinder extending itself out up to 18" in a couple weeks. I also noticed the new rod now had very fine visible scratches that ran vertically every 1/2" around that you couldn't catch with your fingernail, but could sometimes very slightly feel. The repair shop took it again free of charge, found pieces of metal and stone fragments in the cylinder from poor assembly practices, put in a new seal kit, and supposedly polished the rod though I hardly noticed any difference.

Tried it out again, and it leaked exactly the same if not worse. I parked it and after 1 day you could already see oil seeping out at the seal area. I am about fed up with those guys. What is possibly wrong?
I am not in charge of carrying out major repairs on the excavator but I sure would like to have an idea what's wrong.


Kobelco Leaking Bucket Cylinder

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire