Brand new trailer with hot hubs

jeudi 31 juillet 2014

I bought a brand new 25 ton triple axle trailer and when I first picked it up running empty on the highway for about 45 minutes I noticed the hubs were hot. Didn't want to leave my hand on them. It was a 90 degree day. I called the dealer and they said run it. I did. about 2 weeks later I found 3 axle seals leaking one so bad that it soaked the brake pads and left oil on the mud flap. I took it back to the dealer and they replaced all seals on all 6 hubs and the brake pads on the rear axle. I am running it today with about 23000 lbs on it and I check the hubs with an infared thermometer and all hubs are about 140-150 degrees (except for the lift axle hubs they were 92 degrees) My question: is this normal? The dealer made sure no brake pads were dragging and said the drums showed no evidence of excess heat (bluing). What do you guys think?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire