Buying dozer tuesday, need help fast!!! Fiat allis

dimanche 27 juillet 2014

Okay, I run a small two-three man logging operation in Ohio. Untill now I have been skidding my timber out with a 795 farmtrac 4x4 Tractor and a Case 450 track loader. The Track loader is no more as I sold it this weekend at a little profit, I have been needing an actual 6 way blade dozer for some time now and have finally saved the funds to buy one in cash.



I ran into what seems to be a good deal on a 1980 Fiat Allis FD7. Now i know this is alot bigger of a dozer than my old little loader but would you call it to big to skid with ? It also has the forestry package and winch but he said the winch is not working at the time being. So my questions would be this.



#1 How reliable are fiat allis dozers ? FD7's to be precise?

#2 What kind of money could i run into trying to fix the winch? ( not knowing whats wrong with it exactly)

#3 Are parts still readily available for it?

#4 Is it to big for my needs in your opinion?



Basically any info on Fiat Allis dozers and fd7's particularly would be of great help ! Going tuesday to pick it up.

Thanks in advance.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire