Any Advice buying a used Case 580K 4x4?

samedi 26 juillet 2014

I gave up on the JD, so now I'm looking at a 1990 Case 580K 4x4 Extenda-hoe.



I spent several hours looking at it and running it, and it seems to work fine, and I think I want to purchase it.



It does have some issues, but they don't seem to keep it from working. So my question, is there anything in particular that I should be looking for on this specific backhoe?



The areas which I saw that need some attention are:



1. Loose pins where the hoe boom attaches to the swivel casting, and the casting to the frame. Probably 1/8"-1/4" in of movement on the various pins all through those joints. Is this too much?



2. Front axle king pins are loose, about 1/4" of movement when I grab the front wheel, with it lifted in the air, and tilt it in and out.



3. Front axle tie rod ball joints where the connect to the hydraulic piston. They look easy to replace, but are very lose.



4. Front driveshaft wobbles a little. The flange which attached to the Diff pinion is loose.



Any advice on anything at all? The machine seems to work really well. I got to drive, dig, load, test 4x4, diff lock pretty much everything. Fluids appears as I would expect.



Thanks,

Garret




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire