Komatsu PC120-6 power issue

mardi 29 juillet 2014

I am new here so let me start by saying Hello.



I recently purchased my first excavator, a Komatsu PC120-6. It is a 1995 with 5000 hours. I am having issues with hydraulic power after about 30-45 minutes of use. Once the machine gets up to operating temperature it loses quite a bit of speed and power. Most noticeably lifting the boom. All other functions seem to slow/weaken a bit as well, however none as much as the lift. I am assuming this is a main pump issue. I gave it brand new SAE 10w oil as well as a new filter... this did not help. I have priced a rebuild.... $6k is the best I have found. To be clear, it is definitely a hydraulic issue. The motor is not bogging down at all, the hydraulics just seem to be bypassing. This is not a daily use machine, it is our yard machine used for loading our trucks. Before I drop $6k on a new pump I am wondering if there is anything else I should be checking?? Would a thicker hydraulic oil help? Could I have a relief valve issue? Any help or input would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance!



Dante




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire