Thinking About Going On MY Own!!!

dimanche 27 juillet 2014

I have been pondering the idea of starting my own excavating business. I have been around equipment all of my life, but I started my career in 2005 with Department of Transportation. I started out flagging (which absolutely SUCKS),then got moved up to tandem dump truck running pay loader and other odd and end stuff, then started running excavator full time replacing culverts, putting in driveways, ditching and such. I worked for them for 4 yrs (raises stopped so I took off). I also have been working for a private contractor on the side for the past 7 yrs doing custom hauling ( with quads, quints, and road tractors with dump trailers), running excavators and dozers, doing demos, some grading, and just a little bit of everything (I have really learned a lot working with him). Currently I am working for a municipality running mini-ex, skid steer, backhoe, dozer, gradall and excavator. I have done a little bit of everything with them, catch basin rehab, retention pod clean outs, pipe installation projects (1 that sticks out 1500ft of 24in 2-14ft deep), replacing culverts under roads, new sewer pipe installation, stream and gabion basket projects. I think that this may some it up for you guys.

Now I im going to be moving soon to WV where the oil and gas field work is jumping. I am going to work for a contactor there running a truck hauling to frack wells. When we get settled in some, I want to try to get my business (with in 2yrs) going. I know it isn't going to be great for the first few years. I know I am going to do some networking for sure. What I want to do is get my foot in the door with doing road maint for oilfield roads. Also clearing property, grade work, demo work, snow removal in winter or basically whatever or wherever the work is. Also my plan (we know how these go) is not buying anything new. I would like to buy a road tractor 9200 or 9900 International day cab somewhere around a 2000 model price range 20-30000$, midrange excavator 35-45000lbs machine around 30000$, and a tri-axle detach lowboy 15000$, and like a 670 JD motor grader around 20-25000$, and a steel dump trailer (so I can do any thing with it) for around 10,000$. The reasoning behind excavator and a grader is when building a road I can rough it in with the excavator and finish it out with the grader, and also doing snow removal in winter with grader. I know there will be jobs where I will need a dozer, which can be rented. I think that with a set up like this I could be as versital as possible. Im thinking my rates would be something like 100-115 for truck and dump trailer, around 140-150 for excavator, and around 130 for grader I know you also have to bid out jobs. This is just what I thinking seriously about doing, who know what will happen. Please tell me how far I have fallen off my ROCKER!!! :usa




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire